Most VR systems lack haptic perception. The existing systems for haptic feedback are very complex and do not fit the use case of nursing. Therefore, an innovative approach is taken for the project:
An exoskeleton, which is normally designed exclusively to support the wearer's movements, is used for force feedback. To simulate the resistances and weights acting on the wearer's body, the exoskeleton's actuators are used in reverse.
The necessary functions include:
- External tracking of the person in the exoskeleton by this system.
- External tracking of the position as well as the state of the patient dummy
- Establishment of object tracking to simulate objects in space in VR
- Real-time data processing between exoskeleton and VR system, function and operation of the VR system
- Development and implementation of user interface and user experience (UI/UX) to operate the application (host / client)